We also became giddy while watching our grass grow...literally. (The product of an entire summer's worth of yard work, sprinkler installation, and sweat and tears) We have high hopes for a luscious lawn next year...we'll let you know how it grows. Stuart was especially excited since he has been "nurturing" the grass the last couple of months like it were his child (you have to compromise I guess :) ha ha).
One of the best things about this Fall was the feeling of extended peace and calmness that I've felt. For the first time in a long time, I didn't feel the rush, the stress, and the concern for what my future would bring. Now, I feel my life, my progress, and my hopes and dreams are truly in someone else's hands. As people around me make steps in their life that before I would have envied, I have felt genuine happiness for them and the secondary thought that someday, soon, it will be my turn. I can't wait for that, but for now, I'm enjoying the small things: the beautiful colors, my friends, and the growing grass. It all feels like a blessing.
Can't wait to see you next week! yipee! xoxo
ReplyDeletehmm wise thoughts. Beautiful grass, beautiful nerd, there are many things to appreciate :) Way to go sis.
ReplyDeleteI love reading your posts.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love your costumes :)
You're the best. Love the grass, the costumes and most of all your wisdom and perspective. So great to see you last weekend.
ReplyDeletei LOVE the costumes... you all are so creative! I love the fall. And like you, I am grateful for the small blessings in life.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the costume.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the last paragraph.
and yes... we must get together in Utahr.