I had my camera today at church so we took a snapshot. (sorry for the blurriness, my camera and my skills stink).
Bottom row from left to right: Kline (visitor), Mariana, Loryn, Brady.
While they're all completely adorable, Conner most often takes the cake for making us chuckle. Today for example, I was teaching a lesson about service. I shared snippets of President Monson's talk about service from general conference. The best way to teach little kids like this is to ask them a lot of questions. So, I began by asking them what they think they could get President Monson for his birthday (like in the talk). We came up with all sorts of things, a new tie, a new shirt, a new book...then Conner raised his hand and said, "We could get him a hot tub so that he could relax." So true...why didn't I think of that? Who wouldn't want a hot tub to relax?
Here's a few other gems from Connor:
- While saying the prayer: "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, the best day of our lives..."
- When saying another prayer: "Thank you for the mountains, that they could protect our bodies..." I never realized all the things the mountains could do.
- When talking about the holy ghost: "I heard the Holy Ghost once when I was playing at my friend's house. He whispered to me that I should go home." A little surprised, I said, "Oh okay, so did you listen and go home?" To which Connor hesitated and then finally said, "well...no...I stayed a played a little longer."
- When being taught about Joseph Smith and hearing that he built furniture with his bare hands he busted up laughing and said, "He did NOT have bear hands..." Get it? Bear hands?
- Told to me by Connor's mom. "We were driving on the highway and passed a billboard with a blonde-haired babe on it and he said, hey mom, look, it's my primary teacher!" I'll take it as a complement, even coming from a 5-year old.
Love that kid Conner. I think Stuart and your Dad "resemble" that kid! I wonder if the Prophet has a hot tub???
ReplyDeleteHAHA! I loved the "bear hands" comment- that came from a true kid. Isn't it great to know that you look like a babe?! I sure do love kids and their funny comments!
ReplyDelete