Sunday, March 24, 2013

8 months

Grayson is now 8 months...time is flying. I wish I could just slow things down a bit because this is such a fun (and busy) time for Gray. 7 months really was the game changer, so the past month has been adjusting to these new changes.

A few notables:

CRAWLING. Grayson started crawling around 7 months. It happened really fast and seemed like he went from rolling over to crawling in just a few days. My mom started crying when she saw him crawling. I can understand, it's sort of bittersweet. It's so fun to see this next phase, and yet, it means he's growing up way too fast.

EXPLORING. Understandably, Gray's whole world changed after he learned to crawl. Suddenly, he is in to everything: garbage cans, closets, cupboards, purses, etc... I can't hardly let him out of my sight for fear that I'll find him upside down in the garbage can or tearing apart my shoe rack. I didn't think toddler chasing would happen this early, but he's a speedy little crawler and also stubborn (like his parents...scary). He'll get so fixated on something naughty (like taking the stopper out of the bathtub drain or tipping over the garbage can in the bathroom) and I can't distract him from doing it. I'll move him away, take him to another room, put new toys in front of him, and no matter what I try, he is determined to see his plan through. What are we in for?

TEETH. Grayson got his bottom two teeth around 7 months. The week of cutting those two teeth was pretty rough because he had the worst cold in the world and the teething runny nose to top it off. Some rough nights and long days ensued, but now that they're here - we love his little smiles. We don't love his bites, ouch! Grayson has always given us wet slobbery kisses, which are to die for, but now, if you aren't careful those kisses turn deadly.

STANDING. Nap time and bed time are a new challenge now that he can stand in his crib. He chewed off the paint on his crib because I didn't get crib teethers on there fast enough. He also learned to scream. So, if you put him down and he is not happy about it, he'll start at it with just a general cry/moan which quickly escalates to a shrill scream to get our attention. I just know he's thinking to himself, "I know they're out there. They'll cave eventually." (we usually do). Again, I'm sensing a stubborn little streak in this boy.

HAPPY. For all his little stubborn quirks, he's still the happiest sweetest little boy. His smile is so contagious and he grins ear to ear as soon as you walk in the room. It melts my heart every time. We can't get enough of him.

HANDSOME. Okay, so of course I think my baby is probably the cutest baby ever born, but I will say he's turned out to be quite the handsome little charmer. He's a little flirt and loves to bat his long  eye lashes at all the girls. Whenever I'm out with him, people always fawn over him and tell me he's adorable. Of course, I already knew that.

We just love our little man. He's a bundle of joy and spunk and we just love watching him discover his new world. I can't wait to spend more time with him outside this Spring and Summer, we're all feeling a little antsy for some nice weather. Good things are ahead.


Blue eyes!



 Getting and giving kisses to Grandma. 



Eating big boy food in his big boy highchair.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to visit! Four weeks is way too long. Hopefully he won't learn to walk before I get there. . . I'm kidding. . . I'm just being dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is sooo cute! I love those cheeks. It seems like all of a sudden the baby-proofing needs to be done IMMEDIATELY. :) It's crazy how much trouble babies can get themselves into! I love the updates. Gray is such a sweet little dude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So handsome! He is getting so big - I swear we were just exchanging birth stories! I love those pictures of him with your mom. A lot of love in those pictures.

    ReplyDelete