Sunday, March 13, 2011

the weekend of women

Yesterday was a beautiful Spring day here in Provo. Perfect day for a race.

I ran the Rex Lee Run 10K and it was nice (10K is a great distance not too short, not too long). I didn't feel particularly great during the run, but in the few moments when I thought to myself, "I could just stop right now and no one would care," I thought about the people who had my back. Literally...



It was more than enough inspiration to keep me going.

I sponsored two Cancer victims--two women whom I love who are both battling cancer. Sheri and Lisa are an inspiration to me each and every day, especially yesterday. There was even a moment during my run when I teared up just thinking about these ladies and how much they have taught me. I won't go into so much detail, but I do want them to know that they are angels.

After the run, the only thing to do was pamper myself. A few best friends and I treated ourselves to pedicures and pizza. What more could a girl want?


It was a nice weekend. Though I'm husbandless, I was uplifted by women in my life who just mean so much.

9 comments:

  1. Last night was just what I needed after this week. Thanks for being my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. last night was what I needed too! I loved it, thanks. And sorry for my moodiness tonight... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, I just saw your little comment up top... thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. . . these women are absolutely inspirational and amazing. We love them both dearly. What a great way to spend your "girl's weekend."

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just love you. Thank you. What an awesome surprise this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for supporting my mom. That means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brittney, You are an inspiraiton. Thanks for all you do to help Lisa. I know Lisa can feel all the love and support. You are an amazing person...sort of runs in the family...
    Love Jerry & Lisa.

    ReplyDelete