Friday, March 11, 2011

Jimmer made me cry

I am a fair-weather sports fan. So it comes as a surprise that I found myself spending my Friday night alone watching BYU beat New Mexico in the semi-finals of the Mountain West Conference Championships. If that wasn't weird enough, it made me cry.

Seriously, tears flowed.

Ha ha - shall we chalk it up to a "girl" moment (you know what I mean) or is it something else?

Here's what it was. Jimmer is basically awesome. What a star. I was honestly deeply touched by the fact that here was someone who has worked so hard his whole life, who has earned and been given a stage to shine, and then has lived up to that very opportunity. He is rocking it. I am happy for him and it's so fun to watch him enjoy it too.

It made me think about my husband. He has worked so hard his whole life, is a remarkable talent, and just needs a stage on which to shine. I am excited because his opportunity seems closer now than ever and he is also rocking it (even more literally than Jimmer). I can't wait to someday see him shine and I know that day will come.

Okay - random yes. Girl moment? most definitely.

In other news, Spring has arrived this weekend and it has put a new bounce in my step - despite some chaos and stress of a long work week. Life is good.

And those of you who have thought and asked about my brother who is serving a mission in Japan, he is safe. His mission is in the south of Japan and luckily not near the earthquake, though I am praying for the safety of all the Japanese people and the quick recovery of those who have been affected by this scary disaster.

Prayers work.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you! One can't help but love Jimmer--likewise, Fictionist/Stuart rock! Thanks for the update. So glad Jace is safe too. . . we've gotten lots of calls. . . thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I'm going to preface this by saying this is a really cheesy comment). I've been thinking a lot about the incredible opportunities we have in this country. Talented, hardworking people really have a chance to shine-we have so many blessings. I've been thinking about the natural disasters of the world and how devastating they are and how blessed we are to have homes to live in. Anyway, this is my long, sappy way of saying that you go ahead and cry about Jimmer because it really is a beautiful thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right. Stu just needs a stage to shine on. Of course it's going to happen! Also, I'm thinking about bringing some coloring books to church, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete