Thursday, May 16, 2013

10 months

Sorry for the mega posts as of late, but I'm a working mama and I guess that means I only find myself getting around to blogging every couple of months.

Since the last post, we've been busy. We took a fun trip to Newport Beach for a long weekend (of which I have no pictures), celebrated our first Easter and our first Mother's Day, hunkered down while Stuart went on tour, spent lots of time with our grandmas, celebrated with my sister over her good news (thanks to all those who kept her in your thoughts and prayers), and more.

Wednesday was Grayson's 10 month birthday. 10 months! That's only two months less than one year - I am freaking out. My baby is basically a little boy and while that blows my mind I will also say this past two months have been some of my very favorite with Grayson. He's so much fun and interactive. His personality is really coming through and we just have so much fun playing with him. Here are a few notables about Grayson:

Busy Boy - He is a busy, busy, curious little boy. He wants to explore, touch, and taste everything. Church is a challenge because he just can't seem to sit still. He wants to crawl or move at all times. He's learned how to launch himself out of our arms so we have to hold on to him tightly. He is also boy through and through. Even at this young age, he loves trucks and cars (his favorite book is "Tons of Trucks" and I basically have it memorized). Cuddle time comes few and far between so I have to take advantage of any cuddles I can get.

Happy - Grayson is a happy, pleasant little boy. Even though he is curious and busy, he is in a good mood almost all of the time. He's rarely fussy or difficult and I am so grateful for his good, sweet nature.

Vocal - He's always been a vocal baby and that characteristic has only continued. Stuart is convinced he's said his first word: "Dad". The D syllable is definitely his favorite as of late, but it's true he often says the word Dad when Stuart enters the room - so I'll let him win that one :). He loves to sing and jabber and will even carry on a cute little conversation with you. He starts it off by saying "huh" in this high-pitched little voice and if you says "huh" back you can carry on that way for quite some time. It's darling.

Crawling - He is still crawling all over and is one quick little mover. He loves to stand up and walk around things like the couch and chairs. He loves to push chairs across the room or his little walker toy. The last week or so, he's started getting even more brave and holding on to things with one hand. We all predict he'll walk before a year. I'm okay with him taking his time - no need to rush this growing up thing :).

Eating - We are still breastfeeding a couple of times a day interspersed with a few good meals. He loves fruit but is picky with his vegetables. Lately, he has kind of been a difficult eater. He'll love something one day and then won't touch it the next. He's learned how to spit out his food by sticking his tongue out. Those who see it think it's cute and funny - I did too - the first couple of times. Now it mostly makes a huge mess on the floor, high chair, and clothes. Hopefully he gets over it.

Teeth - he is cutting his two eye teeth on the top which might explain the picky eating. Can't wait to see his goofy little smile.

Flirty - Grayson is a huge flirt. He literally gets groups of women cheering and laughing. They'll comment on how cute he is and then he'll start smiling and clapping at them and they clap in return and it's just a giant love-fest. He's so funny, perhaps a little performer?

Healthy - Grayson was 22 pounds at his 9-month appointment which is in the 90%. He is in the 97% for his height. He's one healthy, happy baby.

I was so grateful to celebrate my first Mother's Day. I just feel tremendously lucky to be a mom. It truly is a blessing that not everyone gets to experience and I hold that title very dear to my heart. I got to celebrate Mother's Day with my grandma, mom, and sister. I have such wonderful examples of motherhood in my life (including my mother-in-law) and I am so grateful to be part of that "club". The challenge now is measuring up to these super women :).

It's hard to anticipate what having a child will feel like. We are just so grateful to now know. I told Stuart the other day that I don't just love Grayson, I'm obsessed with him - I can't get enough. Sometimes, after we put him to bed, we look at pictures of him on our phones and camera. Super weird and maybe creepy? And the other day, Stuart told me he didn't know he'd love Grayson this much. Truly, it's more than we could have even imagined.

Now the picture montage:


Church Boy! 


GQ Grayson.


First Easter Basket! And enjoying it as every baby should. 



Goof ball!


Playing with Great Grandpa Jim.



Getting loves from Grandma and Mom on Mother's Day.

3 comments:

  1. cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute. love that little boy. And sorry about the Newport beach pics... I'll get those to you this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittney, he is so beautiful! I'm dying over the pictures - the GQ one made me laugh out loud. He really is such a beautiful baby boy - perfect skin, gorgeous eyes, and that blonde hair is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love you all. Grayson is a wonderful little boy, and he's very lucky to have such awesome parents.

    ReplyDelete