Monday, February 13, 2012

17.5

We're 17.5 weeks into this pregnancy. I can't decide if time is going quickly or slowly - both I think.

This past week has been the best yet. Finally, some of my energy has returned and I'm not feeling so sick and tired. I'm still dealing with some really pesky pregnancy symptoms like this horrid taste in my mouth that never goes away (despite brushing my teeth, chewing gum, sucking mints or hard candy). It's really getting old. Did this happen to anyone else? If so, any tips?

This week, we have an ultrasound and hope to find out the gender. I will let you know - we're very excited and have absolutely no preferences. All we want is a healthy, happy little baby.

It's all feeling very real now and I'm beginning to encounter new feelings that I honestly didn't anticipate feeling. We've worked hard and long for this blessing and I just always imagined that once I got here, it would make everything complete. Don't get me wrong, I am still tremendously happy and excited, but I have started feeling a bit scared and anxious about how this will all "work." I am sorting through what life will be like when the baby comes, what that means for my job, what the means for our finances, our life as we know it, and everything else that comes with a major life change. I'm just realizing that things are going to be different and I'm wondering what different actually looks like.

So, until I figure out the answers to all of life's questions, we're doing our best to get our house in order, clean out the baby's room, and get things as ready as can be. It's exciting.

Thanks again for the continued prayers and well wishes. I still have to pinch myself sometimes that we are actually here.

Now, for the much-anticipated pictures.

View from the top.


17.5 weeks. Pardon the crummy self-portrait.
I swear one night I went to bed just looking fat and bloated and the next morning I woke up with a belly.

9 comments:

  1. You are so gorgeous, Brittney! This makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi (peanut's grandma)February 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM

    I love this belly and the little peanut curled up inside. I can't wait to meet him/her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting, I was dying for an update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so beautiful!!! Having a baby is one of those things where you can never really prepare for just how much your life will change and your heart will grow. There is so much that you figure out as you go along - somehow it all just does work. We are so excited for you guys! This baby will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, you have reached a great milestone and you look darling! When I was pregnant with Henry I would keep myself awake at night with worries: "What will I do when he scrapes his knee for the first time?" "How will I react if he does poorly in school?" "And what if he gets caught up in the wrong crowd?" I finally had to force myself to calm down. Just remember, you are raising an infant first and they will become who they are through stages. Your confidence and abilities will grow with them. You will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are way too cute! As far as the answers to life's questions, when you get them figured out, please give me the answers! I'm a total basket-case! I love you and am just so happy for you guys. Oh, and sorry about the nasty taste in your mouth. I never had that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the advice friends! Looks like I'm not alone in motherly anxiety. Onward, forward!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you! You look beautiful. The weirdo pregnancy symptoms are the worst, though! I hope it goes away soon. The new mom anxiety subsides eventually and it replaced by some other anxiety eventually. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yaaayyy!!! I love it! What a cute belly! I totally had that bad taste in my mouth with my first one and I don't think anything really helped completely. I just had to wait until it went away until sometime in my 2nd trimester. I hated it though! Pregnancy does some crazy things to your taste and smell! I hope you guys get everything figured out! It is unbelievable how much a baby changes your entire life! So exciting though!

    ReplyDelete