We were waiting all weekend for our embryo report to hear how the embryos were progressing. On Sunday, I learned 6 of the 13 embryos looked great and right on track. The other 7 were decent, but a little behind. On Tuesday morning, my clinic called to let me know they already froze the 2 best embryos because they were ready to go. It was good to know we had some on ice for when we got everything with the fallopian tube sorted out. The nurse then said, there was 1, maybe 2, that looked like they'd be high-quality enough to possibly transfer on Wednesday. She said, that if we chose not to come, they would freeze any eggs that were strong enough.
We were torn as her report didn't exactly exude confidence in what seemed like runner-up embryos. It was hard to make a split-second decision on what to do. It really felt like a giant leap of faith to get in the car at 6 pm on Tuesday and make the drive to Vegas for a Wednesday morning appointment. But we did it.
When we arrived at the clinic yesterday for the possible embryo transfer - knowing all along, there could be nothing to even transfer - we received amazing news.
Our embryos must be slow growers, because as it turns out, they were able to freeze an additional 2 embryos. We also had 2 really strong ones to transfer that day. So we proceeded with the transfer of 2 expanded blastocysts. As we were leaving the operating room, they let us know there was 1, and maybe another, that would also be strong enough to be frozen that day. I'm still waiting to hear how that went.
But what this means, is that in the end, we transferred 2 blastocysts and froze 4, possibly 5 or 6, for the future. We were literally in shock. That is better than I could have ever hoped for. I was just certain that based on our last two IVFs we had some unknown problem that caused us to produce poor quality embryos. My Doctor says, the quality of the embryos has more to do with the stimulation protocol than your eggs or a genetic issue. Turns out to have been true in my case. I am so relieved.
The Doctor also said he would not transfer the embryos if the fallopian tube had filled back up over the week. Luckily, it had not filled up so we are holding out that it continues to stay clear while the embryos implant.
So, after all that drama, stress, and tears, we were extremely blessed. Even if this transfer doesn't work, it's just a huge relief to know we have 2 and maybe 3 more tries. It takes a lot of the pressure off.
So now, I'm officially in the dreaded 2 week wait, but I'm at peace.
Thank you so much for the support and prayers - I believe we have just lived through yet another miracle. They do happen. Thank you for being part of it.
wonderful news, and you can be sure we will be praying hard. We love you, Brittney!
ReplyDelete!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou went to vegas!?! This post made me so happy!! I have chills. Miracles happen. Love you sister.
ReplyDeleteWhat good, happy news! We are keeping our fingers crossed for you. Please keep us posted!
ReplyDelete-Jeremy and Monica
Mom here. . . So proud of you guys for not giving up. You're both awesome!
ReplyDeleteIf this was facebook, I would 'like' this! Sooo excited for you guys! I'll say a little prayer for you!
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about you guys so much lately. I'm so happy to hear this good news! You are always in my thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news!
ReplyDeleteI am sitting in my house at my computer crying my eyes out. Thanks a lot.
ReplyDeleteBless these Maxfields. Amen.
You guys are seriously amazing. I definitely believe in miracles! Can't wait to hear the next update.
ReplyDeleteamazing stuff - prayers you way!
ReplyDeletePhew! Finally, some good news! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is incredible news! Praying for you everyday!
ReplyDelete