Friday, February 11, 2011

Half Birthday

Today is my half birthday. When I was a kid, I didn't really understand what half birthdays were and I knew mine was around Valentine's day so I always told people that it was ON Valentine's day. When I grew up and realized that it actually wasn't, it was kind of sad.

Weird confession about me: for no real reason, I really like my half birthday. I also really freak out when I see my initials anywhere.

So to celebrate my half birthday (and an early Valentine's Day), I get to hang out with this guy tonight:

(sultry photos courtesy of fabulous photographer Matt Clayton. See more here)

I got pretty lucky in the way of husbands. Let me continue to brag:

-- Stuart is so genuinely cool and creative that he is asked to do multiple "photo shoots" a year.
-- Stuart was named one of 8 cool people of 2010 by CJane (CJane!?! that's big time friends).
-- Stuart should also win an award for the most supportive husband of 2010-2011 for putting up with crazy old me.
-- Stuart's band is basically awesome. Check out their new site: www.fictionist.com. We are bursting at the seams excited for some really big developments that will kick off next Tuesday. Follow the web site for details as my lips are sealed.
-- Stuart just told me he received "the best news of his life" (aside from marrying me of course - his words not mine). What's the exciting news? A new X Men movie is coming out June 3rd.

With all the bragging, you'd think it was Stuart's half birthday...but it's not. It's still mine.

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, half birthdays, and Fridays I say go celebrate with someone you love. And don't be jealous that I'll be snuggling up to one handsome, cool, nerdy dude.

5 comments:

  1. You are so great. We can't wait to hear the whole story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My half birthday actually is on Valentines Day :) Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yes. Stu is pretty cool. I'll let him stay in the family. And umm... AWESOME NEW SITE FICTIONIST. It makes all the difference. Happy V-day/1/2 b-day weekend sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Half Birthday! I'll "half" to remember that in the future (haha). Stuart is the man. . . sure do love you both. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) happy half birthday. i love them too. eat ice cream cake from baskin & robbins on half birthdays.
    2) i checked out all the links about stuart. you know i'm not really in the band scene, but i listened and viewed and i'm impressed. i'll keep listening and will tell all my friends (utah and east coast) to do the same.

    ReplyDelete