Friday, May 29, 2009

Lately

I must apologize to my blog readers (all 5 of you) for neglecting my blog. I've discovered the irony of blogging. When there are exciting, fun things going on in your life you have no time to blog. When you have time blog, you don't know what to write about. I'll give a quick report on the last few months:

1) Mission Call...
This happened several months ago, but my brother, Jace, received his mission call to Kobe, Japan. I am so excited for him. I'm truly in awe of my little brother. He's spiritually mature beyond his years and so in tune. I know he will be a great blessing in the lives of the people he meets in Japan. I will miss him here in Provo. It was fun to entertain him and his entourage (of doting girls and cool dudes) this past year. But I know he will be doing the right thing for the next two years. He leaves for the MTC in two weeks so the countdown is on!


2) Engagement...
Not to be outdone by Jace, Camille pulled some exciting news of her own. She is engaged to be married to Russell Lewis. Although this may be a surprise for some people, I could tell from the first time Camille brought Russ over that he would be the one for her. He is really great. Even in the short time we've known him, we've grown to love him and expect our crush on him will only continue to grow. Read more about how it all went down on her blog.

The only down side? He's taking Camille away to San Antonio, Texas. I'm excited for her to start a new life, but sad that she'll be leaving my boring one :). It has been fun to live so close to her the past few years so this will be bittersweet.


They are tying the knot on July 25th in the Draper Temple. Stay tuned...

3) Australia...
I discovered paradise on earth. Too bad it's so darn far away. Thanks to generosity from my parents, we took a fabulous vacation to Sydney, Australia. I absolutely loved it. It felt like a combination of San Francisco, London, and Southern California. If I could move there, I would. The only down side was the 18+ hours of travel it takes to get there. However, it was well worth it and I cried on the plane ride home - no joke. Should you ever get the opportunity to go, DO!





4) Remodeling...
We've spent the last 2 months remodeling our bathroom. We're doing everything ourselves which is empowering, I guess, but also frustrating - merely because it's slower than tar. Each morning, when I wake up to my bathroom literally scattered around the house, I have to think about the light at the end of the tunnel. However, I'm really enjoying how it's turning out.


I will post pictures when we're finished...hopefully in about 2 weeks or so.

All in all, life has been busy and exciting for me and my family. I am LOVING the weather and looking forward to a great summer.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! We have had an exciting last couple of months haven't we?? And what's best is they will only get better from here. You = awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts. . . I too loved Australia! Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see the bathroom soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appology accepted... I guess (I am one of the 5, right?) You have really cool updates, and you are really cool. Thanks for posting some juicy info for me to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete